Even today, the T100 is an extremely impressive beast: 5 m high, 5 m wide, 15 m long with a weight of 50 tonnes. The juggernaut will be transported by Transports PREMAT, which specialises in moving extremely heavy vehicles. They move machinery weighing more than 150 tonnes every day. Michelin, firmly committed to a better way of travelling, has been part of the Berliet T100 adventure since the very beginning and is enthusiastically embracing this new challenge.
This 32 m long special convoy will leave the Berliet Foundation conservatory on Monday, 28 January 2019. It will take four days and three nights for the T100 to cover the 600 km between its current location and the Porte de Versailles Exhibition Centre. Every bend in the road, every roundabout, every town and every village will be an opportunity to see this huge convoy as it occupies the entire width of the road, escorted by a series of following cars and motorcyclists. A highly unusual event which will require extremely high levels of organisation across the stages:
25/01: Loading of the T100 – Le Montellier
28/01 – 229km
- 2 PM: departure from the Berliet Foundation – Le Montpellier
- 5:30 PM to 9 PM – stop on the RD1079 just ahead of the Madeleine junction > 11 PM, stop in Savigny-le-Sec
29/01 – 165km
- 9 AM: departure from Savigny-le-Sec > 5 PM, stop in Auxerre
30/01 – 135km
- 9 AM: departure from Auxerre – crossing of Sens > 5 PM, stop in Bois le Roi (Croix de Toulouse)
31/01 – 65km
- 9 AM: departure from Bois le Roi – stop on the RN 7 at the Corbeille exit > 11 PM, arrival at gate T of the Porte de Versailles exhibition centre.